Building your dream home not only fulfills your desires but also meets the basic needs of living. Though it is an enjoyable experience, poor planning or hasty decisions may result in unexpected challenges in the building work. Many people believe that waterproofing is a costly project and their homes do not need it. This lack of awareness is the main reason that many homes are damaged by water each year leading to a greater loss. So, Waterproofing the structure is long-term solution to prevent water-related damages and reduces the risk of structural deterioration over time.
The material selection and the poor application is the most important reason for the failure in waterproofing. This leads to cracks, mold growth, and structural defects in the concrete buildings. It also poses a threat to the health safety of residents, reduces the significant value of the home, and makes it an unsuitable place to live. A thorough waterproofing inspection has to be done that examines the potential issues of water leakage or damage. This inspection may be visual for exterior and interior or testing procedures like mold testing, waterproof testing, or ASTM water testing.
Among the best waterproofing products in the market, Dr. Fixit is more effective in providing a lasting solution for water- related damages. This is because it stops the water in different states from reaching the surface like moisture from the soil, water vapor, and water under hydrostatic pressure.
Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP ( Universal Repair Polymer ) is an SBR ( styrene butadiene ) latex which is a ready-to-use bonding agent for waterproofing and repairs. It will be in a liquid consistency that strongly bonds to both old and new concrete structures and plasters.
1) For waterproofing: Dr.Fixit 301 URP is used in balconies, small roof terraces, lift pits, and sunken portions of toilets and bathrooms.
2) For concrete repairs: Dr. Fixit 301 URP is used for spalled concrete of columns, floors, slabs, parapets, etc.
3) For cladding: Dr.Fixit 301 URP is used for fixing or re-fixing of tiles, stones, marble bedding, and slip bricks.
4) For plaster repairs: Dr. Fixit 301 URP strongly bonds to platers, masonry, stonework, etc. and prevents cracking by improving the flexural strength.
5) As a Bonding slurry coat: Dr. Fixit 301 URP is used for the pinhole treatment of the concrete surface.
6) As external rendering - Dr. Fixit 301 URP is used as an external wall coating for weatherproof and frost-resistant solutions.
1. Surface Preparation: First, the surface has to be completely cleaned using a wire brush or a scrubber to remove the hidden dust particles. Then de-grease the surface by using suitable solvents and roughen it with light scabbling or grit blasting. The next step is to repair the spalled concrete to avoid feather edging and to provide a strong bond with the surface. The corrosion deposits from the corroded rebars are to be removed and cleaned thoroughly.
2. Priming: For the metal surface, first we have to apply Dr. Fixit’s rust remover and then using a water jet it has to be cleaned fully. Then Dr. Fixit epoxy zincrich primer is applied on the rebars. For the concrete surface, the slurry of the primer coat is prepared by mixing one part of Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP, one part of water, and three parts of fresh OPC cement. Once it gets a smooth consistency, it has to be applied to porous and uneven surfaces.
3. Mixing: The forced action mixer ( PAN mixer ) or a suitable size drum with a spiral paddle mixer is essential to ensure that Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP mortar is thoroughly mixed. Hand mixing is suitable only for less quantity less than 25 kg. In the mixer, dry sand, cement, and Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP are taken as recommended, and then by slowly adding water, it is mixed to the required consistency.
4. Application: For different applications, a wide range of mix designs are recommended using Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP.
a)For patching and repairing mortar - 10 liters of Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP is used with mortar consistency at 6-40 mm thickness.
b)For Renders - 10 liters of Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP is used with mortar consistency at 6-9 mm thickness.
c)For heavy-duty floor screed - 10 liters of Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP is used with semi-dry cohesive consistency at 10-40 mm thickness.
d)For Bonding mortar ( slip bricks and tiles ) - 10 liters of Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP is used with semi-dry cohesive consistency at 10-40 mm thickness.
To achieve the desired results, do not add more water than the recommended dosage. The product Dr. Fixit 301 URP is available in different packing weights such as 500 gm, 1 kg, 5 kg, 10kg, 20 kg, and 50 kg. Also, the recommended dosage is 10 liters of Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP per 50 kg of OPC cement. That is, in the ratio of 1:1.5 by volume and application of 2 coats. The coverage of white crystal Sbr Dr.Fixit 301 URP is 40 Sq. ft per Ltr. Wet2Dry Solutions Pvt Ltd is one of the reliable firms that provide excellent and trusted Terrace waterproofing contractors in Jaipur for waterproofing and water tightening services.
Always wear suitable protective gloves, clothing, eye protection, and respiratory protective equipment during the application process.
A quality waterproofing system adds an extra layer of protection that safeguards your home, family health, and future investments. So, the builders and contractors have to adopt it for a durable and long-lasting healthy house.